To be eligible for scholarship assistance from the Gulf Area District Memorial Endowment to the V.M. Ehlers Foundation, Inc. you must:
- Be or your legal guardian must be an active, individual dues paid member of the Texas Water Utilities Association or WEAT for a period of not less than twelve months preceding the date the application is received by the Gulf Area District Scholarship Committee.
- Pursue a course of study that is related to the water utilities industry.
- Be involved in undergraduate studies.
- Submit a completed application to the Gulf Area District Scholarship Committee, which is postmarked no later than July 1st of the current year.
- Provide a post graduate high school transcript, GED, or college university grade report which documents your current academic status.
Failure to meet any of the above criteria will result in your application not being considered for a scholarship.
Gulf Area District Memorial Endowment to the V.M. Ehlers Foundation Inc.
A memorial scholarship fund
The V.M. Ehlers Foundation, Inc. was organized in 1959 to honor and memorialize Mr. Victor M. Ehlers, who passed away on March 29, 1959 after a distinguished career in the water utilities profession. Mr. Ehlers, or "Vic" as he was known to his friends was instrumental in the formation of what is now the largest organization of its type in the world — the Texas Water Utilities Association.
The foundation operates as a Texas non-profit organization and promotes its founding purposes by offering scholarship assistance which will further the water related education of members — and the dependent sons and daughters of members — of the Texas Water Utilities Association Members — and the dependent sons and daughters of members — of the Water Environmental Association of Texas and other organizations having fully-funded endowments, are also eligible for assistance through Endowments organized within the V.M. Ehlers Foundation, Inc.
Scholarship assistance is paid to recipients in two installments, 50% for the Fall Semester and 50% for the Spring Semester. All recipients are required to provide the Foundation with a copy of their transcript of grade report for the Fall Semester by January 15 in order to receive payment for the Spring Semester.
The Gulf Area District Memorial Endowment funds scholarship recipients with no distinction between either Full Time or Part Time students.
For additional information regarding the formation of an Endowment, contact the Texas Water Utilities Association at 888-367-8982 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information concerning the Gulf Area District Memorial Endowment, contact Pam Kroupa at email@example.com .